I’m not typically the type to answer random Q&A style posts on the internet. You know, like the ones that are constantly popping up all over Facebook these days? Although, when I read a comment from fellow blogger Maci from The Thoughtful Plate, informing me that I had been nominated for a Liebster blog award, I was glad to accept, even if it did mean spilling out random facts about myself for all to see… I do that each time I post anyway, right?
Everyone seems to be blogging these days. With the progression of websites such as Pinterest, and with the popularity of social media sights like Facebook and Twitter, it’s sometimes hard to find a voice in the midst of all that is being said. As a blogger, I think that it is important to show support to other small blogs. While most blogs that I stay in tune with have a large following and readership, some of my favorites are those that not many seem to know about.
After doing a bit of reading about the Liebster Award, I found that the rules vary, depending on who you ask. Some people answer 11 questions, others 10. Some say to nominate blogs with no more than 200 followers, and some say that the number of followers doesn’t really matter. In this case, I have decided to follow the rules of the person who has nominated me, answering 10 questions, asking 10 questions, and nominating
five three blogs. Three may not seem like a lot, but to be honest, I a.) feel that a smaller number of nominees is a bit more meaningful, and b.) feel that more people will actually go and read these three blogs as opposed to just skimming a long list.
- Do you prefer the city or the country? Growing up in the South, I’ve always loved the countryside. Although, after moving to Boston, I learned how much I truly love the city. So I will answer like this… for now, during this season of life, I prefer to live in the city… just as long as the country is close by.
- Which countries have you traveled to? I’ve been lucky enough to travel to Mexico, Costa Rica, St. Lucia, Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil, Australia, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. Though the list is long, there’s still much more that I desire and plan to see.
- What is one of your favorite holiday traditions? Going to Lowe’s just a couple of weeks before Christmas (because that’s when the trees go on sale) with my dad, sister, and family dog, and picking out the biggest Christmas tree that we can find. We all ride home together, in my uncle’s borrowed and beat up pickup truck, listening to Christmas carols, and huddling together to stay warm. My sister usually gets bored by the time that we make it home, and I am usually left alone to decorate the tree, sometimes with the help of my mom. I don’t mind so much though, and I am not quite sure that I would want it any other way. This is something that I’ve missed out on for the past two years while I lived in Boston, and I am glad to be able to participate again this year.
- Have you ever met a famous person? I’ve chatted with Taylor Swift once or twice.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning? As much as I hate to say it, I look at my phone. Checking email, looking at Facebook, etc…
- How do you prefer to spend your free time? It all depends on the day. Some days I like to cook, and others I like to curl up in bed with a movie or book. And if I have the money, my favorite free time activity is to travel.
- How often do you read the news? I don’t often read a newspaper, but I typically read 2-3 digital articles every day. I also watch the news pretty regularly.
- Do you play any instruments? Unfortunately, I don’t. I know a teeny, tiny bit on the guitar and piano, but that’s all. I do aspire to learn how to play the fiddle and master the harmonica, though.
- How do you feel about crowds? If I can mentally prepare myself for a large crowd, I can handle them just fine. I typically prefer more intimate settings though.
- Vanilla or chocolate? Usually almost always chocolate, although I do enjoy a good vanilla frozen custard every now and then.
Now for my nominations…
1.) My dear friend, Cate Jones at Cate Jones Photography, for her beautiful, beautiful photos.
2.) “Bowl #1” at Two Red Bowls for her solid posts and yummy recipes.
3.) Mandy & M.C. at The Graduate Wife for helping me with my own journey and struggles as a graduate wife.
Here’s what I came up with for you ladies:
- Which kitchen gadget could you not live without?
- What is one of your favorite holiday traditions?
- What’s your dream profession (all restrictions, limitations, etc. aside!)?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Where is your dream place to live?
- Do you speak another language? If so, which one? If not, is there one that you would like to learn?
- What is your favorite condiment?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is one of your favorite memories from your wedding day?
- How do you prefer to spend your free time?
I look forward to reading the responses from all of my nominees and hope that you all enjoyed reading my own. May we all continue to show our love and support to other bloggers. Who knows, you may just end up reading something that you really like.
Until next time!